Where is Schererville, Indiana?
Where in Lake Country, IN is Schererville Located?
In the U.S. state of Indiana's Lake County, you'll find the town of Schererville. According to the census completed in 2010, the population was 29,243. It is a western suburb of Chicago that is included in the metropolitan region of Chicago. The community is known for its relative tranquility and its emphasis on family values. Yet, over the past few years, the city has evolved into a more cosmopolitan and diversified place. Schererville may be found in the far northwest part of Lake County, some 30 miles north of Chicago's central business district.
Around eight square miles make up the town's total land area. It is bounded to the north by Munster, to the east by Crown Point, to the south by Dyer, and to the west by Gary. The geographic coordinates for Schererville are 41.4789 degrees North and 87.4548 degrees West. Go here for more information: /m/0sn7x
In addition to its many educational institutions and recreational areas, Schererville is home to a variety of commercial and industrial establishments. The town's close proximity to Chicago has made it a desirable location for people who commute to the city. Although having the sense of a suburban community, Schererville has its own distinct history and personality.
Top Businesses in Schererville, Indiana
1. Easy Clean Car Wash
Address: 1779 US Hwy 41, Schererville, IN 46375, United States
Phone number: +12198655411
2. Schererville Family Dentistry
Address: 1050 Caroline Ave, Schererville, IN 46375, United States
Phone number: +12193223232
3. The Nines Hairspa
Address: 900 Parker Pl, Schererville, IN 46375, United States
Phone number: +12198659000
4. Moda Skin & Body
Address: 2147 US Hwy 41, Schererville, IN 46375, United States
Phone number: +12196133238
5. Rise’n Roll Bakery-Schererville
Address: 1542 US Hwy 41, Schererville, IN 46375, United States
Phone number: +12193190911
Schererville, Indiana Fun Facts
The municipality of Schererville, Indiana, in the state of Indiana, has a storied past that dates all the way back to the early 19th century. The first residents arrived in the area in the year 1838, but the town wasn't formally established until 1866. More than 30,000 people call Schererville their home today, making it a flourishing city. The following is a list of interesting information regarding this bustling town:
- The largest helium-filled balloon in the world is located in Schererville, Indiana. The balloon, which is designed to seem like an enormous hot air balloon, has a height of twenty feet and weighs more than one thousand pounds.
- It is due of Schererville's advantageous location at the convergence of Interstates 80/94 and 65 that the town is commonly referred to as the "Crossroads of the Country."
- Nicholas Scherer, the town's founder, gave property in the 19th century in order for it to be used in the construction of a train station. This is where the town got its name.
- Ivy Tech Community College and Purdue University Northwest are just two of the numerous highly regarded educational institutions that can be found in Schererville.
- The town's recreational amenities include 12 tennis courts, 6 basketball courts, 12 indoor pools, 3 outdoor pools, and 4 indoor/outdoor combination pools. Moreover, Schererville is home to more than 50 parks and playgrounds that may be found throughout the city.
- Schererville, Indiana was recognized by Livability.com as one of the "100 Best Places to Live" in the year 2012.
- According to Safewise's rankings from that year, Schererville was considered to be one of the safest cities in all of Indiana.
- Schererville is the location of a large number of well-known businesses and tourist destinations, such as Amazon Fresh, Brewster's Ice Cream, the Scherervilleamera Center, and a great deal more.
- Almost ninety percent of residents in Schererville own their own homes.
- The income of a typical household in Schererville is $85,516 dollars per year.
- The colors green and white have been chosen to represent the town.