Lake County is a county located in the United States, the county seat is Crown Point. The county is part of northwestern Indiana and the Chicago metropolitan area, and contains a mix of urban, suburban and rural areas.
Scherervillehad a public school, a blacksmith shop, a dairy, a general store, a grain elevator, a refrigerator and a cigar factory. Zip code 46375 is located in northwestern Indiana and covers a slightly lower than average land area compared to other zip codes in the United States.
Many Indian trails (mostly Potawatomi) in Schererville connected to the Sauk Trail, the main east-west thoroughfare between Indiana and Illinois. According to a local realtor, most of the influx came from Illinois, as Chicago travelers took advantage of lower taxes in Indiana and stayed close to the Loop. In 1853, Nicholas began working for the state of Indiana and eventually became a swamp commissioner and managed land under the federal Swamp Land Act of 1850. In 1866, Nicholas Scherer planted the town of Schererville on 40 acres of land, purchased from swamp magnate Aaron N.
Long before Indiana became a state, long before Schererville was founded, people called this place the crossroads. Like its neighbors to the east and south, Schererville experienced explosive residential and commercial growth in the second half of the 20th century. The campus of Hammond Baptist Schools, affiliated with the First Baptist Church of Hammond, is also located in Schererville. The Schererville Soccer Club offers a soccer environment for boys and girls from 4 to 17 years old (U6) through REC Plus.
Schererville has The Times of Northwest Indiana and The Post Tribune, which is owned by the Sun-Times. Long before Indiana became a state, long before Schererville was founded, people called this place the “Crossroads”. Because of the convergence of India's main trails, railways and highways in the Schererville area, the city adopted the motto “Crossroads of the Nation”. Schererville is serviced by the Lake Central School Corporation, which also serves the adjacent cities of St.